A-1P. Longevity Pay Agreement
The parties agree as follows regarding pay for teachers on steps 14 and above:
- Two new steps will be added to the teacher salary schedules, so that the salary schedule from Step 14 on functions as follows:
- A new Step 15 is added, with a salary increase of $970, to correspond with the 17 th year of service eligible for step credit, beginning 3 years after a teacher’s entry into Step 14.
- The current Step 15, corresponding with the 20 th year of service eligible for step credit, becomes Step 16, to begin 3 years after a teacher’s entry into Step 15.
- A new Step 17 is added, with a salary increase of $550, to correspond with the 23 rd year of service eligible for step credit, beginning 3 years after a teacher’s entry into Step 16.
- The current Step 16, corresponding with the 25 th year of service eligible for step credit, becomes Step 18, to begin 2 years after a teacher’s entry into Step 17.
- A longevity payment of $2,100 will be made to teachers who remain employed with CPS through the conclusion of the school year in which they reach the 5 year anniversary of their entry into Step 18, corresponding with their 30 th year of service eligible for step credit. Longevity payments will be issued by CPS on the last pay cycle of the qualifying fiscal year.
In order to implement A and B above, the parties further agree that:
- If the introduction of Step 15 (approx. at year 17) and/or Step 17 (approx. at year 23) creates a situation whereby a step with fewer years of service has a higher salary than a step with more years of service, then the salary of the step with more years of service will be adjusted to be identical to the step with fewer years of service.
- As of July 1, 2019, any teacher who has already surpassed 30 years of service eligible for step credit, meaning any teacher whose entry date into the former Step 16 (under the 2015-19 labor contract) occurred at least 5 years prior, shall receive the longevity payment in FY2020. In subsequent years, teachers will receive the longevity payment according to (B).
|New Step at year 17||$970|
|New Step at year 23||$550|
|Longevity payment at year 30||$2,100|